State Laws

Many states regulate an Annuitant’s ability to sell or assign all or a portion of their future payments from a structured settlement. Most states require a judge to determine that the sale or assignment is in the annuitant’s best interest. However, these regulations can vary to a great extent between states. To read your state’s specific structured settlement transfer law, click on the state link above.

If you have questions regarding a specific state, feel free to call 855-BENTZEN [236.8936] or contact us.